SubjectRe: [PULL] seccomp update (3.17)
From
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:19:08PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>
>> Please pull these seccomp changes for 3.17.
>>
>> (And if I should base off something other than security-next, please
>> let me know. Or if there are any things I should be doing differently
>> with this tree.)
>
> One note; there is a (interim) syscall number collision with the new
> getrandom(2) system call. I'm sure Linus will be able to handle it,
> and fix it up, but I just wanted to give a heads up that depending on
> which pull request hits mainline first, the syscall number for either
> the new seccomp(2) or getrandom(2) may end up changing.
>
> I've been warning people not to try to use getrandom(2) or check
> anything into LibreSSL, et. al., until the patch is finalized and in
> Linus's tree, but if you have userspace users already using the
> syscall assignments in this patch series, please let me know and I can
> try to make adjustments on my side.

No worries -- the only user of the seccomp syscall that I know of is
the seccomp regression testing suite, and that'd be trivially to fix.

I would note that the seccomp series includes adding the syscall also
to ARM and MIPS, so from a collision fixing perspective, it may be
fewer edits to fix getrandom instead. :)

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Chrome OS Security

  Last update: 2014-07-19 17:21    [W:0.084 / U:0.060 seconds]