SubjectRe: [RFC] trace-cmd: add the ability to install libtracecmd
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:22:45 -0400
Josef Bacik <jbacik@fb.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build some custom tracing tools on top of trace-cmd but they
> aren't really usefull outside of Facebook so I don't want to shove them into the
> actual trace-cmd project. Instead I'd like to be able to just build libtracecmd
> and install that as well as the necessary header files and just link my tools
> against that. I'm shit at userspace stuff like this, so I've just hacked
> something together that works for me. I'm mostly hoping somebody will look at
> the Makefile horribleness that I came up with and tell me how to do it right (or
> better yet do it for me!) The second patch just cleans up some stuff to make
> the shared library more library esque. Any feedback would be great. Thanks,

I'm shit at userspace too ;-) I just like simple makefiles and other
non "autocrap" stuff.

Anyway, I did plan on getting a libtracecmd out someday (at a bottom of
a very long todo list), so I'm all game for this. I was hoping to get
libtraceevent out first. That's now homed in the kernel tools
directory and I've been porting stuff to and from trace-cmd for that as
well. But there's still a bit of work on that front.

I'll have to take a look at your patches and see how they are after I
get some other things out of the way first.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2014-07-11 01:41    [W:0.054 / U:0.416 seconds]