SubjectRe: bad rss-counter message in 3.14rc5
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:00:29PM -0700, Hugh Dickins wrote:

> > This might be collateral damage from the swapops thing, I guess we won't know until
> > that gets fixed, but I thought I'd mention that we might still have a problem here.
>
> Yes, those Bad rss-counters could well be collateral damage from the
> swapops BUG. To which I believe I now have the answer: again untested,
> but please give this a try...

This survived an overnight run. No swapops bug, and no bad RSS. Good job :)

> (It's worth saying, by the way, that these bugs are not a consequence
> of recent changes at all, they've been there for ages; but trinity has
> just got better at taunting remap_file_pages and the rest of mm...)

Indeed. I hope to lift the covers on more stuff like this (and hopefully
get it done in a more reproducable manner). A lot of the stuff trinity
is doing with VM syscalls is still very naive.

Dave

  Last update: 2014-03-21 07:41    [W:0.082 / U:1.300 seconds]