SubjectRe: Honestly, f__k systemd and f__k lennart, and f__k the fans of them. Where's linus in all of this?
> And maybe make a statement that linux is NOT systemd, there is no
> new "linux software stack" that pottering and friends keep insisting on.

The largest Linux user is Android, which I don't think uses systemd. The
kernel does not care. You can use emacs as your init for all the kernel
cares and handle all your udev messages in emacs lisp.

The kernel does not care. Indeed if the kernel did care about whether
someone used systemd, forked Debian or wanted to run emacs lisp as their
init then it would mean the architecture was wrong.

It's simply not the kernel's problem what people run as init and if
Debian wishes to divide into two distributions (Deb and Ian perhaps...)
then this is the wrong list for that debate.

Alan

  Last update: 2014-02-17 16:41    [W:0.151 / U:0.048 seconds]