SubjectRe: kdbus: add code to gather metadata
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@amacapital.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> From: Daniel Mack <daniel@zonque.org>
>>
>> A connection chooses which metadata it wants to have attached to each
>> message it receives with kdbus_cmd_hello.attach_flags. The metadata
>> will be attached as items to the messages. All metadata refers to
>> information about the sending task at sending time, unless otherwise
>> stated. Also, the metadata is copied, not referenced, so even if the
>> sending task doesn't exist anymore at the time the message is received,
>> the information is still preserved.

Also, in general, the comments seem to talk about capturing metadata
at the time that a connection is opened, but the actual code seems to
capture metadata all over the place. I think it needs to be very
clear, both in the code and the interface, when metadata is captured.

And the ns_eq stuff is too far buried (and not even contained in this
patch!) to be easily verified as being correct, whatever correct means
in that context.

--Andy

  Last update: 2014-10-30 01:41    [W:0.102 / U:25.036 seconds]