SubjectRe: "Virtual" Interrupts -- Need help please
Am 09.09.2013 13:02, schrieb Mark Brown:
> On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 05:35:56PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>
> Please fix your mailer to word wrap within paragraphs, not doing this
> makes your mail very hard to read. It looks like your mailer has also
> reflowed Daniel's mail.

That's just wrong. Mail readers should wrap lines, not senders. And
readers can do this since some decades.

The reason is obvious: No sender knows the line width the receiver can
display. So, for example, if the sender hard breaks lines every 80
chars, a reader with a device which just displays 60 characters at max.
will see every second line with at most 20 characters. I assume you can
guess how such does look like. Furthermore there are still a lot of
people which do like to read mails with line length as long their
display is possible to show, and hard breaking lines on the receiver
side does make such impossible.

So the correct behaviour is to not hard break lines on the sender side
and leave that to the reader on the receiving side, as only the
receiving side knows the line width.

Alexander Holler

  Last update: 2013-09-09 13:41    [W:0.098 / U:0.096 seconds]