SubjectRe: 3.12 regression: i915 warnings
From
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Woody Suwalski <terraluna977@gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Vetter wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Woody Suwalski <terraluna977@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Daniel, I have noticed these warnings on 3.12-rc1, did not go away on
>>> 3.12-rc2.
>>> I see it only on EeePC with i915,not on ThinkPad with Radeon.
>>> It is a 32-bit kernel with overlayfs and TuxOnIce patches, so not
>>> perfectly
>>> clean, however same config and patches on 3.11 do not show these issues.
>>> No,sorry, did not have time to investigate further or bisect.If you have
>>> quick test in mind - I will try ;-)
>>

>> a) Please always cc: relevant mailing lists, not just your maintainer.
>> b) Please retest with latest drm-intel-fixes from
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel/
>> c) If that doesn't help please boot with drm.debug=0xe, reproduce the
>> issue once and attach the complete dmesg. Please make sure that it
>> contains everything from boot-up to the WARN.
>>
>> Thanks, Daniel
>
> For now I can do the last - a complete dmesg with drm.debug attached...
> I have hoped that you were to reply "Yawn, an old issue..." 8-)

Here we go: Mode flag mismatch in the tv encoder, should be fixed with

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel/commit/?id=1062b81598bc00e2f6620e6f3788f8f8df2f01e7

Pull request is already out and patch is cc: stable, so should show up
in a kernel near you soon.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

  Last update: 2013-09-27 21:21    [W:0.239 / U:0.852 seconds]