SubjectRE: RFC Block Layer Extensions to Support NV-DIMMs
Date
In support to what was said by Vlad:

To work with persistent memory as efficiently as we can work with RAM we need a bit more than "commit". It's reasonable to expect that we get some additional support from CPUs that goes beyond mfence and mflush. That may include discovery, transactional support, etc. Encapsulating that in a special class sooner than later seams a right thing to do...

Boris