    SubjectWould an "information module" be useful?
    Date
    Hello,

    I became interested in an use case where I want to pass customised data from the
    boot command-line to other user processes. I have read the available
    documentation in the way that kernel modules provide such a means to get
    additional parameters recorded.

    I have got the understanding that a kernel module provides also a name space for
    such boot parameters. (Are they also called "attributes" there?)
    Now I would be interested to create a module for my needs so that the passed
    data will be stored in the sys file system. Which software component is
    responsible for this task?

    I find that another implementation detail needs more clarification. The modules
    usually drive some hardware.
    https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/sysfs.txt

    But I am looking for a kind of kernel module which does not serve any hardware.
    I imagine that it should be sufficient to register it as a simple information sink.

    How do you think about my considerations?
    Would you like to share any alternative ideas?

    Regards,
    Markus

      Last update: 2013-09-22 19:41    [W:3.821 / U:1.016 seconds]