    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] DT bindings as ABI [was: Do we have people interested in device tree janitoring / cleanup?]
    On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:24:24PM +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:

    > That is a nice summary of how we got from null to now and Richard
    > seems to be simply saying: let's stop mucking about and make this a
    > project with a well-defined process of dealing with staging and
    > stable bindings and keep stable bindings stable.

    Yes, that is right.

    Frankly, I am really surprised and shocked at the cavalier attitude
    expressed here WRT DT bindings in released kernels. Think about the
    *users* of this code. Not everyone working with ARM Linux is a kernel
    developer or a DT guru. There is really no indication at all that the
    ARM Linux DT stuff released so far are not stable and trustworthy.

    It is not nice to provide such a mess, and the idea that we *must*
    have a mess because the whole system in still in development is bogus,
    IMHO. Just make sure that the mainline kernel is really working and
    that the DT bindings *there* are for keeps.

    It is your job as kernel developers.

    Thanks,
    Richard

      Last update: 2013-07-27 20:41    [W:4.081 / U:0.192 seconds]