SubjectRe: targetcli -fb now also Apache 2.0 licensed
On 07/24/2013 01:54 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> Yes, which is why I've been accepting his kernel patches the entire time
> that user-space has been forked into -fb. Now that the user-space code
> has been relicensed as promised, there is no longer any reason for a
> separate -fb fork to exist.
>
> That said, it's time to start moving forward toward a single set of
> source trees for upstream userspace, so that all distributions can
> mutually benefit from the effort. As mentioned above, this has so far
> not been enough to get -fb reconciled with upstream.
>
> So I don't consider the above 'holding for ransom' or any nonsense like
> that, considering the end goal is for everyone (not just Fedora) to
> benefit from -fb.

There's nothing stopping any other distro (or commercial entity) from
adopting targetcli-fb. I don't know why they haven't, except that
there's a default attitude that the originator of the project is the
"upstream" forever.

I think I've done a pretty good job maintaining -fb over the past two
years -- -fb has bug tracking, a list, tarballs, and is actively
maintained and improved, all things that are not true of upstream.

My question to you (Nick) is, why don't we all just unify on -fb?

Regards -- Andy
(at oscon this week, replies may be delayed)

  Last update: 2013-07-25 02:21    [W:0.052 / U:0.844 seconds]