SubjectRe: [ATTEND] How to act on LKML
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:38:55AM +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

> There is a very fine line between cursing and what people might perceive
> as a personal attack.

I wanted to stay out of that thread, but that argument really goes over
the top. Look, ANYTHING might be perceived as a personal attack by
somebody. I have seen a turd that really perceived a girl solving a math
problem faster than he managed to do that as a severe personal attack.
How about "student so-and-so is getting consistently better grades"?
Treated as a personal attack. Rationale: "spoils the grades for the
rest of the group". Or "professor so-and-so goes into hard stuff; sure,
it might make the course more interesting for some weirdos, but what of
those who don't need all that shit and simply want their B?"

What, you don't consider those "people"? How exclusionary of you....
Sorry, they *are* members of our species. And not particulary rare,
at that.

  Last update: 2013-07-19 19:21    [W:0.220 / U:0.580 seconds]