SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] KS Topic request: Handling the Stable kernel, let's dump the cc: stable tag
On Mon 15-07-13 23:20:58, Greg KH wrote:
> I think the real stable issue that _everyone_ keeps ignoring, is my
> original complaint, in that people are using the -rc1 merge window to
> get fixes in they should have sent to Linus for .0.
>
> I don't see anything you have written so far that will help resolve that
> issue, which is not good, as that needs to be taken care of.
Well, I remember Linus has said several times in case of more risky fixes
that he'd rather see them in -rc1 with -stable tag than merging them (very)
late in the -rc series. And frankly if the patch gets in in the merge
window it doesn't get too much real testing before it is released in stable
so how to treat such patches is a question. So I think we need to find a
balance between what you and Linus ask for.

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
SUSE Labs, CR

  Last update: 2013-07-16 12:41    [W:0.147 / U:0.568 seconds]