    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] When to push bug fixes to mainline
    On 07/12/2013 01:33 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

    > Is it _really_ all that hard to remember what to mark for stable
    > inclusion? If you figure it out after you have committed the patch,
    > then just put a copy of it somewhere to remind yourself. That seems to
    > be what both David and I do with no problems, and I think we both deal
    > with more individual patches and developers than probably most everyone
    > else combined.

    For the record, my main reason for wanting something like git notes is
    that it is now X years after a patch, the maintainer is gone, and
    tracking down someone who knows about the patch is really valuable.
    Someone acking a patch after the fact is someone who looked at it "back
    then", and can be tracked.

    Yes, you can find this in mailing list archives and so on, but we have
    had problems with such extrinsic information not being as sticky as we'd
    like.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2013-07-13 01:01    [W:2.155 / U:0.856 seconds]