SubjectRe: i2c: introduce i2c helper i2c_find_client_by_name()
From
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Wolfram Sang <wsa@the-dreams.de> wrote:

>> Briefly looking into ACPI tables we have and mechanisms that we can
>> use in ACPI case, I doubt we may apply all the ideas, probably some of
>> them, though I didn't get yet where to read about in details. What I
>> could say now is that the patch provided by Bin Gao is definitely no
>> go.
>
> Laurent explained to me what V4L did and now does. It used to be the way
> tha V4L drivers did register I2C slaves according to platform_data. Now,
> with DT the slaves get instanciated earlier, so they now use notifiers
> to know when the slaves are in place. Something like this should
> probably be done here, too, instead of unregistering and re-registering.

Yes, seems right way to go.
I think ACPI case can use V4L2 async API somehow, though it has its
own event model.
I'll talk to Sakari Ailus to sync.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2013-07-12 14:01    [W:0.066 / U:0.748 seconds]