SubjectRe: [Workman-devel] cgroup: status-quo and userland efforts
On Fri 28-06-13 14:01:55, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 05:05:13PM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
[...]
> > OK, so libcgroup's rules daemon will still work and place my tasks in
> > appropriate cgroups?
>
> Do you use that daemon in practice?

I am not but my users do. And that is why I care.

> For user session logins, I think systemd has plans to put user
> sessions in a cgroup (kind of making pam_cgroup redundant).
>
> Other functionality rulesengined was providing moving tasks automatically
> in a cgroup based on executable name. I think that was racy and not
> many people had liked it.

It doesn't make sense for short lived processes, all right, but it can
be useful for those that live for a long time.

> IIUC, systemd can't disable access to cgroupfs from other utilities.

The previous messages read otherwise. And that is why this rised the red
flag at many fronts.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs