SubjectRe: linux-3.10-rc1 procfs interface breaks vmware, eicon, fio .... any fix?
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 08:19:46AM +0800, Jeff Chua wrote:
> Anyone on lkml working on patches for vmware to make it run on
> Linux-3.10-rc1? The recent change in procfs interface breaks vmware,
> diva/eicon and fio modules.
>
> Every modules is now broken and needs to be reworked. Is there a more
> subtle way to handle this like give more time to allow developers to
> handle the move rather than killing off the "tranditional" procfs
> access

I might feel bad about those, if not for one thing - their authors
had explicitly chosen to keep them out of tree and did not bother
to watch what was going on in linux-next - these changes had been
there for quite a while. And now you have a chutzpah to come and
complain about that? Better yet, we are expected to be working on
fixing those? Really? It's not a rethorical question - I seriously
want to know whether I'd misparsed what you meant to say.

  Last update: 2013-05-13 04:41    [W:0.090 / U:0.092 seconds]