SubjectRe: [v3.8 Regression] watchdog: sp5100_tco: Add SB8x0 chipset support
On 02/18/2013 12:14 PM, Tanaka Takahisa wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
>> The bug report tested a kernel with the patches. However, he reports the kernel panic still occurs[0].
> I understood. I guess this problem conflicts with the watchdog MMIO
> address (*) written in SB700 chipset and other resource. So, I made a
> patch which gets rid of the code considered to cause the problem. If
> this patch is applied, although the SP5100 and SB7x0 chipsets can't
> use watchdog function any longer, I'm sure attached patch resolve the
> problem. The SB800 or later chipsets can be used as before.
> (*)This address is obtained from allocate_resource() function.
>
> I'm sorry to trouble you, but Would you confirm whether attached patch
> solves a problem?
> If there is no problem in this patch, I will submit this patch to a
> linux-watchdog community.

This patch did resolve the issue. The bug reporter states the panic no
longer happens and the system boots. Thanks so much for your assistance.

>> I've requested a digital image or screen capture of the panic. Is
>> there any additional debug information you thing would be helpful?
> I'm interested in the I/O resource of PC in which the problem has
> occurred, So, I want the result of 'cat /proc/iomem'. When 'cat
> /proc/iomem' is performed, I don't care about whether sp5100_tco
> driver is loaded.

The I/O data can be seen at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1116835/+attachment/3540738/+files/iomem.txt

> Thanks in advance.
> Takahisa

  Last update: 2013-02-22 01:41    [W:0.080 / U:0.640 seconds]