    SubjectRe: [3.5 regression] DRM: Massive (EDID-probing?) X startup delay on ATI Radeon RV770 (HD4870)
    Date
    On 6 Aug 2012, Alex Deucher outgrape:

    > On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Nix <nix@esperi.org.uk> wrote:
    >> Something appears to be wrong, but I have no idea what. I've not changed
    >> anything other than the kernel since my last non-huge-delayed startup
    >> earlier this week, and both the monitors still work, including the one
    >> suffering a huge startup delay.
    >
    > Can you bisect the kernel or profile Xorg and see what's causing it?
    > There haven't been any i2c changes in the radeon kernel driver in a
    > while. I'm assuming it's only the kernel that you changed? E.g.,
    > just to be sure, does booting a different kernel with the same
    > userspace components work correctly?

    I believe so (I hadn't upgraded anything for a week or so before the
    kernel upgrade). I'll verify this soon, and bisect in the next day or
    so if the kernel is the only changed component.

    --
    NULL && (void)

      Last update: 2012-08-06 16:21    [W:0.023 / U:2.196 seconds]