    SubjectRe: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request in usb_match_id()
    Date
    Ming Lei <tom.leiming@gmail.com> writes:
    > On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
    > <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

    >>> Indeed, does it make any sense to have USB support at all if HOTPLUG
    >>> isn't enabled? Should USB select HOTPLUG?
    >>
    >> Well, a long time ago people wanted to use USB but not have HOTPLUG
    >> enabled in their systems for various (odd) embedded systems. As it's
    >> pretty hard to even turn off HOTPLUG these days, I'd be more likely to
    >> just remove CONFIG_HOTPLUG entirely given the dynamic nature of almost
    >> all systems.
    >
    > It should make sense, otherwise all device id table should not use
    > __devinit* markings. There are lots of pci driver usage on it.

    You might want to start here then:

    /**
    * DEFINE_PCI_DEVICE_TABLE - macro used to describe a pci device table
    * @_table: device table name
    *
    * This macro is used to create a struct pci_device_id array (a device table)
    * in a generic manner.
    */
    #define DEFINE_PCI_DEVICE_TABLE(_table) \
    const struct pci_device_id _table[] __devinitconst

    Bjørn