    SubjectRe: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request in usb_match_id()
    Ming Lei <> writes:
    > On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
    > <> wrote:
    >>> Indeed, does it make any sense to have USB support at all if HOTPLUG
    >>> isn't enabled? Should USB select HOTPLUG?
    >> Well, a long time ago people wanted to use USB but not have HOTPLUG
    >> enabled in their systems for various (odd) embedded systems. As it's
    >> pretty hard to even turn off HOTPLUG these days, I'd be more likely to
    >> just remove CONFIG_HOTPLUG entirely given the dynamic nature of almost
    >> all systems.
    > It should make sense, otherwise all device id table should not use
    > __devinit* markings. There are lots of pci driver usage on it.

    You might want to start here then:

    * DEFINE_PCI_DEVICE_TABLE - macro used to describe a pci device table
    * @_table: device table name
    * This macro is used to create a struct pci_device_id array (a device table)
    * in a generic manner.
    #define DEFINE_PCI_DEVICE_TABLE(_table) \
    const struct pci_device_id _table[] __devinitconst

      Last update: 2012-08-19 13:01    [W:0.024 / U:1.500 seconds]