    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 00/15] arm-soc: changes for v3.6
    Date
    On Tuesday 24 July 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:
    > > I spent too much time fiddling with my scripts again in an attempt to
    > > get closer to the regular git-request-pull version. The older version
    > > got this right, but unfortunately I removed the part where I manually
    > > print the right pull address because that had caused other problems
    > > before.
    >
    > FYI, this issue happens also with git request-pull if the tag has not
    > yet gotten mirrored but the branch is already mirrored.

    In this case it they were both there, but it picked up the branch
    anyway. I actually made sure that the tag description was included
    by git-request-pull, and the tag has a different name from the
    branch (no "next/" prefix), but the tool is not does not attempt
    to pick up the tag rather than the branch when both are available.

    Apparently, the problem is that it treats the branch "next/foo"
    as as exact match for a pull request on the "foo" tag even when
    that tag is present as "foo" on the server. If I either name the
    branch or the tag differently, or pass "tags/foo" as the
    argument to git-request-pull, it reports back the tag instead.

    Arnd

      Last update: 2012-07-24 14:41    [W:0.021 / U:91.520 seconds]