    SubjectRe: 0xB16B00B5? Really? (was Re: Move hyperv out of the drivers/staging/ directory)
    On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:03:59 +0200, richard -rw- weinberger said:
    > On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM, KY Srinivasan <kys@microsoft.com> wrote:
    > > Thank you for your interest in fixing this problem. When we decide to change this
    > > ID, we will conform to the MSFT guidelines on constructing this guest ID.
    > >

    > I'm wondering why it hasn't been conform to the MSFT guidelines from
    > the very beginning on?

    It's a lot easier to sneak something cute into code when it isn't maintained in
    git repositories and mailing lists readable by everybody and their pet llama.

    I'll admit to not doing a *lot* of extensive review, but I try to at least read
    Kconfig patches (mostly out of self-defense so when I do a 'make oldconfig' I
    get presented with something useful ;) - and it's amazing how often I spot
    issues in stuff that's presumably already had several pair of eyeballs look at
    it already.

    Probably what happened - some programmer had a 60 hour week, wrote the code on
    a Friday and had a sudden attack of the sillies, and it went through a code
    review meeting, but they had to cover 800 lines of code in a one-hour meeting
    so nobody looked *too* close...

      Last update: 2012-07-22 01:41    [W:0.023 / U:29.412 seconds]