    SubjectRe: Boot breaks in -next from LEGACY to LINEAR conversion
    On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:30:11PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:

    > Okay, I've got a theory about what the issue is now. The .map()
    > callback is failing (returning non-zero) for one of the hwirqs. The
    > new code is stricter about associations, and actually unwinds the
    > associations if one of them fails. The old legacy code simply called
    > all the .map() hooks blindly without any error checking. Can you send
    > me the kernel log after backing out those changes.

    Looks like the error checking is the issue. Always knew that was a bad
    idea :) I've just sent a patch to improve the diagnostics here which
    might help a bit, though I realise now with some of my debug I need to
    send a v2 :/ .

    On my system there's only one mapping failed, but it's for one of the
    VIC mappings which is rather unfortunate. The error is there because
    the VIC is returning -ENOTSUPP to skip invalid IRQs which doesn't
    immediately seem like an awful thing to do for generic code like this.

      Last update: 2012-07-20 12:21    [W:0.039 / U:62.668 seconds]