    SubjectRe: linux-next : cpuidle - could you add my tree please
    On 07/02/2012 09:49 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Monday, July 02, 2012, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
    >> On 07/02/2012 11:09 AM, Linus Walleij wrote:
    >>> Thanks for doing this.
    >>> Since MAINTAINERS is lacking a listed maintainer for cpuidle,
    >>> are you also going to add yourself as maintainer and list this
    >>> tree in that file, or is this a one-time exercise?
    >> I will be glad to do that if Len and Rafael agree on that.
    > Len Brown has been a cpuidle maintainer for some time now. Moreover,
    > he's been taking patches, but Linus refused to pull his entire tree during the
    > last merge window (as you probably know). I honestly don't think this is
    > a good enough reason for replacing him as a cpuidle maintainer by force.
    > So, you should ask Len whether or not he's willing to pass the cpuidle
    > maintenance to someone else.

    No, no. You are misunderstanding what I am proposing. I don't want to
    replace Len I just want to act as a "proxy". I understand a maintainer
    can be busy and could not have enough time to take care of the subsystem
    is maintaining during a period because he's too busy for that.
    Trust me, I fully understand that :)

    As there are a lot of modifications of cpuidle, I am proposing to take
    the patches when they are acked-by, to create a consolidated tree,
    providing a better integration for cpuidle, a wider testing, preventing
    conflicts and facilitating Len's work if he agrees to pull from this tree.

    If that makes sense to add myself to the MAINTAINER file as a
    co-maintainer (understand: send to me also the patches, so I can take
    care of them if Len does not respond), I am ok with that.

    It is just about helping :)

    > I know that Len hasn't been responsive recently, but I also know that he
    > _does_ respond to inquiries sent directly to him.

    Do you mean to its intel address ?

    -- Daniel