    SubjectRe: linux-next : cpuidle - could you add my tree please
    Date
    On Monday, July 02, 2012, Daniel Lezcano wrote:

    > On 07/02/2012 11:09 AM, Linus Walleij wrote:
    > > On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Daniel Lezcano
    > > <daniel.lezcano@linaro.org> wrote:
    > >
    > >> we discussed last week to put in place a tree grouping the cpuidle
    > >> modifications [1]. Is it possible to add the tree ?
    > >>
    > >> git://git.linaro.org/people/dlezcano/cpuidle-next.git #cpuidle-next
    > >
    > > Thanks for doing this.
    > >
    > > Since MAINTAINERS is lacking a listed maintainer for cpuidle,
    > > are you also going to add yourself as maintainer and list this
    > > tree in that file, or is this a one-time exercise?
    >
    > I will be glad to do that if Len and Rafael agree on that.

    Len Brown has been a cpuidle maintainer for some time now. Moreover,
    he's been taking patches, but Linus refused to pull his entire tree during the
    last merge window (as you probably know). I honestly don't think this is
    a good enough reason for replacing him as a cpuidle maintainer by force.

    So, you should ask Len whether or not he's willing to pass the cpuidle
    maintenance to someone else.

    I know that Len hasn't been responsive recently, but I also know that he
    _does_ respond to inquiries sent directly to him.

    Thanks,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2012-07-02 22:21    [W:0.026 / U:4.348 seconds]