    SubjectRe: QUESTION: Why might Linux suddenly stop replying to pings for no apparent reason?
    On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM, richard -rw- weinberger
    <> wrote:
    > On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Terry Phelps <> wrote:
    >> I have this strange recurring problem with SEVERAL machines, all
    >> running the Oracle "Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel", which is based on
    >> the 3.0.16 kernel.
    > Ask Oracle.

    Is there some way to "ask Oracle", in which my question will get to
    someone who can possibly help me? I've tried contacting "Oracle Linux
    support". They're hopeless. I've posted my question to Oracle forums,
    and even general Linux forums, but all I get is boilerplate networking
    advice (check ifconfig, check your routes, check your switches, check
    autonegotiation, etc.) that doesn't address the specific symptoms I'm

    If I should be posting my question to somewhere other than the
    linux-kernel mailing list, please advise me where that might be. It
    sure looks like something in the kernel isn't working properly

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-07-18 18:21    [W:0.022 / U:3.204 seconds]