    SubjectRe: Boot breaks in -next from LEGACY to LINEAR conversion
    On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 09:52:30AM +0900, Paul Mundt wrote:
    > On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 07:57:49PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

    > > -next fails to boot for me today on my s3c64xx based systems. Walking
    > > back to the last time I tried and bisecting likely branches I find that
    > > commit 910139 (irqdomain: Replace LEGACY mapping with LINEAR) is the one
    > > that introduces the build break. Unfortunately the boot fails before I
    > > get a console which makes diagnosis somewhat more tricky than would be
    > > ideal. Any ideas?

    > Does fix it for you?

    > I did Cc you on the legacy -> linear thread, but perhaps you missed it.

    I do remember seeing it, it's a big part of how I isolated that this
    patch series was the issue. To be honest I hadn't got terribly far with
    the diagnosis of what the actual breakage is, it took a while to isolate
    as it had been a little while since I'd rebased through onto -next and
    there's no diagnostics at all from the system when it fails.

    I tried applying the patch but the underlying code has changed a lot so
    patch gets upset, I'll try to find time to resolve them but can't
    guarantee when as things are especially hectic right now.
      Last update: 2012-07-18 14:41    [W:0.033 / U:2.072 seconds]