SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Silent data corruption when using sendfile()
On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 10:31:36AM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > Please Johannes could you try latest kernel tree ?
>
> It would be useful, especially given the amount of changes you performed
> in this area in latest version, it could be very possible that this new
> bug got fixed as a side effect !

I upgraded to 3.4.4 (identical config as the 3.4.0 build I've been running)
and what can I say - the problem really seems to have disappeared. I performed
about 3700 iterations of my previos tests over the night, and the data always
turned out to be OK, not a single byte turned out kaput!

I wish I would have tested that earlier, and spared you the noise... well,
maybe someone who runs into a similar problem in the future will have this
discovery save her/him some time and headaches and make her/him just upgrade
kernels :)

Thanks a lot for your polite and quick responses!

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www: http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp: johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.

  Last update: 2012-07-14 13:01    [W:1.632 / U:0.588 seconds]