SubjectRe: 3.5-rc6 fb hw inteldrmfb
From
On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM, werner <w.landgraf@ru.ru> wrote:
>> On a computer of someone else, on which today I tried to install 3.5-rc6
>> (what on my computer and on an HP pavillon laptop runs without problem - on
>> the laptop however needs ircpoll otherwhise don't find the harddisk), few
>> seconds after start booting it sticks and don't continue longer (reboot not
>> possible with Ctr-Alt-C but only pressing the reboot button), the last
>> message is: "conflicting fb hw usage inteldrmfb vs VESA VGA - removing
>> generic driver" then the cursor stops blinking, and the computer
>> sticks.
>
> wierd, are you passing a vga= to the kernel? or is grub2 going graphical?
>
> also the dmesg from 3.4 might be good.

Also if you could test 3.5-rc5 that'd be interesting, just to check
whether the "removing generic driver" which is new in -rc6 is the
cause of this or whether we have a bigger problem with the i915 driver
crashing in 3.5-rc.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch - +41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch

  Last update: 2012-07-14 12:01    [W:0.049 / U:0.588 seconds]