SubjectRE: How to use the generic thermal sysfs.
On 五, 2012-07-13 at 15:30 +0800, Wei Ni wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 09:51 +0800, Zhang Rui wrote:
> > On 四, 2012-07-12 at 04:54 -0600, R, Durgadoss wrote:
> > > Hi,

I think you can make use of the upper&lower limit in my patch set.
Say, here is your thermal policy
20C - 30C, P0
30C - 40C, P1 - P2
40C - 60C, P3 - P5
60C+, P6 ~ Pn

you can register to the thermal layer 4 passive trip points,
20C, 30C, 40C, 60C, and then
1) for trip 0 (20C), upper limit 0, lower limit 0
2) for trip 1 (30C), upper limit 2, lower limit 1
3) for trip 2 (40C), upper limit 5, lower limit 3
4) for trip 3 (60C), upper limit n, lower limit 6

you can program your own sensor to get interrupt when the temperature
hits 20C/30C/40C/60C, and the generic thermal layer will put the
processors to proper frequency for each trip point.

what do you think?

BTW, the upper and lower limit is introduced in the patch set I'm
testing, so maybe you were not aware of it.

thanks,
rui