    SubjectRe: [RFC] Simplifying kernel configuration for distro issues
    On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Casey Schaufler <casey@schaufler-ca.com> wrote:

    > Oh dear. I would expect Fedora to say that they require SELinux,
    > thereby making it unusable by anyone doing LSM development.

    Oh, *absolutely*.

    These options would *not* be meant for people doing odd things and
    experienting with configs.

    If you do that, then you might *start* by saying "I want this distro"
    to get the initial guesstimate of the config file you want, but then
    edit the .config by hand later (and remove the "I want all the Fedora
    requirements" option, of course).

    This is explicitly and exclusively for normal users. The whole point
    of "expert configurator for special cases" should not be given any
    thought at all - those kinds of people should simply answer "No" to
    the "Do you want the distro basic kconfig requirements" question.

    Linus

      Last update: 2012-07-14 00:21    [W:4.270 / U:0.000 seconds]