    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] KVM fixes for 3.5-rc6
    On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:

    > We already discussed to let the irq chip (in this case MSI) tell the
    > core that it does not need the extra oneshot handling. That way the
    > code which requests an threaded irq with the NULL primary handler
    > works on both MSI and normal interrupts.

    So I don't think your patch is quite right.

    If you want to clear the IRQF_ONESHOT for MSI irq's (and other ones
    where the interrupt controller is fundamentally ONESHOT), I think you
    should do it a few lines higher up - *before* you check the "does the
    IRQF_ONESHOT mask match other shared interrupts"?

    Now, irq sharing presumably doesn't happen with MSI, but there's
    nothing fundamentally wrong with message-based irq schemes that have
    shared interrupt handlers.

    I think. Hmm?

    Linus

      Last update: 2012-07-13 21:41    [W:0.022 / U:94.208 seconds]