SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] KVM fixes for 3.5-rc6
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:

> We already discussed to let the irq chip (in this case MSI) tell the
> core that it does not need the extra oneshot handling. That way the
> code which requests an threaded irq with the NULL primary handler
> works on both MSI and normal interrupts.

So I don't think your patch is quite right.

If you want to clear the IRQF_ONESHOT for MSI irq's (and other ones
where the interrupt controller is fundamentally ONESHOT), I think you
should do it a few lines higher up - *before* you check the "does the
IRQF_ONESHOT mask match other shared interrupts"?

Now, irq sharing presumably doesn't happen with MSI, but there's
nothing fundamentally wrong with message-based irq schemes that have
shared interrupt handlers.

I think. Hmm?

Linus