SubjectRe: Break point not hit while debugging linux kernel with kgdb
From
Hi Prasanna,

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM, prasannatsmkumar
<prasannatsmkumar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to debug the linux kernel with kgdb (over serial port).

The Maintainers would never recommend the use of a debugger, it
results in poorly fixed patches.

> I have
> configured the host and target machines and I am able to connect, step
> in the kernel code. In gdb I gave "break usb_register_dev" and "break
> usb_deregister_dev" and continued the execution (continue in gdb).
> Once the desktop is up, I connected a USB device (first tried with USB
> keyboard). Break point was not hit. I tried some more functions and
> break points are never hit. What should I do for it? Am I missing
> something?

You have to use gdbserver for connecting target and host systems i
guess. You may find many tutorials about it on the internet.

--
Regards,
Anil Nair

  Last update: 2012-06-09 21:01    [W:0.057 / U:0.560 seconds]