SubjectRe: processes hung after sys_renameat, and 'missing' processes
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> Frankly, I would very much prefer to have the same locking rules wherever
> possible.  The locking system is already overcomplicated and making its
> analysis fs-dependent as well... <shudder>

I do agree that it would be better if we avoid it. I was just trying
to explain that the dentry locking is *not* enough, for the simple
reason that it relies on upper-level non-dentry locking just to work.

Your patch looks good, but whether it works I have no idea ;)

Linus