    SubjectRe: [patch 0/5] x86: mce: Bugfixes, cleanups and a new CMCI poll version
    于 2012/6/7 5:53, Thomas Gleixner 写道:
    > Sorry for the resend, I guess I need more sleep or vacation or both :(
    >
    > The following series fixes a few interesting bugs (found by review in
    > context of the CMCI poll effort) and a cleanup to the timer/hotplug
    > code followed by a consolidated version of the CMCI poll
    > implementation. This series is based on
    >
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git
    >
    > which contains the bugfix for the dropped timer interval init.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > tglx

    I tested the latest patch series based on your tip tree. The basic logic
    is correct as we expected :-).

    But during the CPU online/offline test I found an issue. After *STORM*
    mode is entered, it can't come back from *STORM* mode to normal
    interrupt mode. At least there exists such an issue: when *STORM* is
    entered, in the meanwhile, one CPU is offline during this period,
    which means *cmci_storm_on_cpus* can't decrease to 0 because there
    is one bit stuck on this offlined CPU. So we should detect such
    situation and decrease on *cmci_storm_on_cpus* at proper time.
    BTW, even I online the *CPU* in above situation, the normal CMCI
    still doesn't come back, strange.

    I still have another question: When we handle following case:
    mce_cpu_callback(struct notifier_block *
    mce_device_remove(cpu);
    break;
    case CPU_DOWN_PREPARE:
    - del_timer_sync(t);
    smp_call_function_single(cpu, mce_disable_cpu, &action, 1);
    + del_timer_sync(t);
    break;

    Where we add this timer back? I can't find it in "case CPU_ONLINE".