    SubjectRe: UEFI and custom kernel
    On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:08:50 +1000
    Chris Jones <chrisjones@spin.net.au> wrote:

    > I've been following the news on UEFI and Secureboot pretty closely.
    > Currently Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE have pretty in-depth discussion
    > going on the mailing lists about it all.
    >
    > Although my technical knowledge about UEFI is pretty vague at current, I
    > know a little bit of what it's about.

    For x86 the UEFI "secure" boot requirement is that the user can disable
    secure boot. For ARM it is that the user *cannot* disable secure boot.

    So in the PC space at least it's "business as usual" providing you jump
    that hoop, and hopefully with the tools sorted it'll be viable to sign
    your own kernels and use your own keys.

    Alan

      Last update: 2012-06-27 01:41    [W:0.049 / U:1.012 seconds]