SubjectRe: boot_on regulator constraint vs. regulator-boot-on DT property
On 06/20/2012 05:46 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 02:55:37PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
>
>> include/linux/regulator/machine.h says:
>
>>> * @boot_on: Set if the regulator is enabled when the system is
>>> initially * started. If the regulator is not enabled
>>> by the hardware or * bootloader then it will be
>>> enabled when the constraints are * applied.
>
>> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/regulator.txt says:
>
>>> - regulator-boot-on: bootloader/firmware enabled regulator
>
>> ... and of_regulator.c sets the boot_on constraint based on this
>> property.
>
>> The former quote implies that this is a flag to tell Linux to
>> turn on the regulator when it's first registered, whereas the
>> latter quote implies that it's guaranteeing the state that
>> previous SW placed the regulator into already.
>
>> I assume the documentation from machine.h is correct, and I
>> should send a patch to make regulator.txt match it?
>
> There's no great inconsistency between the two, this is only
> supposed to be used for supplies which are already enabled on boot

Hmm. Perhaps I was misreading machine.h, and "when the system is
initially started" refers to the first firmware start, rather than
when /Linux/ starts. If so, then yes I can see it isn't really
inconsistent.

  Last update: 2012-06-21 04:01    [W:0.042 / U:0.108 seconds]