    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND or not ATTEND] That's the question!
    On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com> wrote:
    > We can try to address this by "educating developers" or "documenting
    > the design better" or "delegating to submaintainers" or whatever.
    > Those are valuable, but in some way they're cop-outs.  A more
    > effective fix would be to remove the landmines, reduce complexity, and
    > improve the design.  If we have coherent code that follows the
    > hardware architecture and matches people's intuition about how things
    > "should work," I think we'll get patches with fewer issues.
    >
    > Sorry, I think I just reiterated what you, Greg KH, Alan, et al have
    > already said :)

    No, I don't think that's just reiteration, I think it's an important point :)

    There is a certain strain of thinking in our community that is resistant
    to working on design improvements as you describe. And I think without
    improving in that direction, we're going to drown in subtly broken patches.

    - R.