SubjectRe: Partitions: Amiga RDB partition on 2 TB disk way too big, while OK in AmigaOS 4.1
Date
<Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:

> >> http://www.amigaos.net/content/1/features
> >>
> >> Well I asked AmigaOS 4 developers about this issue as well. Lets see
> >> what they say about 2 TB limits.
> >
> > 16 TB = 2 TB * 8. Perhaps they increased the block size from 512 to
> > 4096?
> >
> > block/partitions/amiga.c reads the block size from
> > RigidDiskBlock.rdb_BlockBytes,
> > but after conversion to 512-byte blocks, all further calculations are
> > done on "int", so it will overflow for disks larger than 2 TiB.
> >
> > Note that in your profile-binary.img, the field is 0x200, i.e. 512
> > bytes per block,
> > so I'll have to get a deeper look into your RDB first...
[…]
> Note that the work I did on the Linux RDB code eons ago took full
> cognizance of the physical and virtual block sizes.
[…]
> I've asked Martin for a digital copy of his RDBs and what he thinks the
> partition(s) should look like. I should also be told whether the disk
> is supposed to be solely Amiga OSs or not. I gather it's not.

Its all in the bug report. profile-binary.img should be it.

Its small so I attach it.

Meanwhile I try to get the currently supported maximum disk size out from
the OS 4 developers. Maybe JXFS is playing tricks that other filesystems do
not play or simply has a different implementation.

Thanks,

  Last update: 2012-06-18 00:01    [W:0.820 / U:0.044 seconds]