    SubjectRe: Kernel 3.4.X NFS server regression
    On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:44:09 +0300
    Boaz Harrosh <> wrote:

    > One more thing, the most important one. We have already fixed that in the
    > past and I was hoping the lesson was learned. Apparently it was not, and
    > we are doomed to do this mistake for ever!!
    > What ever crap fails times out and crashes, in the recovery code, we don't
    > give a dam. It should never affect any Server-client communication.
    > When the grace periods ends the clients gates opens period. *Any* error
    > return from state recovery code must be carefully ignored and normal
    > operations resumed. At most on error, we move into a mode where any
    > recovery request from client is accepted, since we don't have any better
    > data to verify it.
    > Please comb recovery code to make sure any catastrophe is safely ignored.
    > We already did that before and it used to work.

    That's not the case, and hasn't ever been AFAICT. The code has changed
    a bit recently, but the existing behavior in this regard was preserved.
    From nfs4_check_open_reclaim:

    return nfsd4_client_record_check(clp) ? nfserr_reclaim_bad : nfs_ok;

    ...if there is no client record, then the reclaim request fails. Doesn't
    the RFC mandate that?

    Jeff Layton <>

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-06-11 22:21    [W:0.029 / U:47.208 seconds]