SubjectRe: Break point not hit while debugging linux kernel with kgdb
Hello.

On 10-06-2012 8:30, Anil Nair wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Sergei Shtylyov<sshtylyov@mvista.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, KGDB was accepted into kernel exactly for more "poorly fixed
>> patches" to appear. :-)

> I was under the impression that maintainers would never recommend
> kgdb, so never learned to use it.
> If you could guide me and Prasanna on how to use kgdb that would be
> helpful :).

For the starters, Prasanna should ask his KGDB question in the right
mailing list, kgdb-bugreport@lists.sourceforge.net.

> If you were saying it sarcastically, then i failed to
> understand it . :P.

Yes, there was sarcasm. If KGDB was only providing for "poorly fixed
patches", it would have been hardly included in the kernel.

>>> You have to use gdbserver

>> gdbserver is only good for debugging the applications.

> I never knew that..!.

Besides, there's not much difference between remotely debugging
applications via gdbserver and remotely debugging kernel via KGDB.

WBR, Sergei