    SubjectRe: Break point not hit while debugging linux kernel with kgdb

    On 10-06-2012 8:30, Anil Nair wrote:

    > On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Sergei Shtylyov<> wrote:

    >> Yeah, KGDB was accepted into kernel exactly for more "poorly fixed
    >> patches" to appear. :-)

    > I was under the impression that maintainers would never recommend
    > kgdb, so never learned to use it.
    > If you could guide me and Prasanna on how to use kgdb that would be
    > helpful :).

    For the starters, Prasanna should ask his KGDB question in the right
    mailing list,

    > If you were saying it sarcastically, then i failed to
    > understand it . :P.

    Yes, there was sarcasm. If KGDB was only providing for "poorly fixed
    patches", it would have been hardly included in the kernel.

    >>> You have to use gdbserver

    >> gdbserver is only good for debugging the applications.

    > I never knew that..!.

    Besides, there's not much difference between remotely debugging
    applications via gdbserver and remotely debugging kernel via KGDB.

    WBR, Sergei

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-06-11 20:21    [W:0.022 / U:1.764 seconds]