    SubjectRe: Linux Support for Thunderbolt using Apple Monitor
    Greg, Nico,

    Thanks Greg for giving us some attention. I went ahead and collected a
    number of information that could be useful to track down our hotplug issue.

    1) Coldplug: Booting with the thunderbolt display attached. This works.
    Several devices (additional to what I get without the display attached)
    are listed. Here is the relevant info: -> kernel.log -> lspci and lspci -vv
    full config @ -> message when
    disconnecting (pciehp loaded just before)

    note that an attempt to reconnect leads to the same issue as described
    before, i.e. nothing happens.

    2) Booting with the display/device not plugged, just for reference:

    3) Again, I have tried to load pciehp and acpiphp with both EFI boot and
    BIOS emulation boot:
    - pciehp loads ok but as I said earlier, no message whatsoever in
    everything.log when I try to connect the thunderbolt display
    - acpiphp: I was wrong yesterday. In fact, trying to load acpiphp gives
    me a message:
    [root@poliahu thunderbolt]# modprobe acpiphp
    ERROR: could not insert 'acpiphp': No such device

    Not sure what to make of it. I have tried to also load acpiphp after a
    coldplug boot; same error message.

    I've read somewhere that this error message may mean that the h/w
    doesn't support hotplugging. However, I think the coldplug lspci -vv
    above tells us the h/w does support pcie hotplug: all the pci bridges
    appear to have D3hot+ capability (and it certainly does, as this works
    under osx on the same machine).

    Any suggestion are welcome! Thanks.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-05-04 07:04    [W:0.035 / U:46.636 seconds]