    SubjectRe: inux-next: Tree for Apr 27 (uml + mm/memcontrol.c)
    On Thu, 3 May 2012, David Rientjes wrote:

    > Is this a claim that memory-intensive workloads will have the exact same
    > performance with and without memcg enabled?

    I've just run specjbb2005 three times on my system both with and without
    cgroup_disable=memory on the command line and it is consistently 1% faster
    without memcg. If I add XX:+UseLargePages to the command line to use
    hugepages it's even larger. So why must I incur this performance
    degradation if I simply want to control who may mmap hugepages out of the
    global pool?

    The functionality to control this is pretty important if I want to ensure
    applications aren't able to infringe on the preallocated hugepages of a
    higher priority application for business goals.

      Last update: 2012-05-04 00:01    [W:0.025 / U:4.708 seconds]