    SubjectRe: Oops with DCACHE_WORD_ACCESS and ocfs2, autofs4
    On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:

    > Just from a cleanliness point of view, I don't think you need the
    > __WORDSUFFIX for any of these instructions (it is only required if it
    > would be ambiguous, but the register names should deal with it.)

    I get nervous about those kinds of things, but you are probably right.

    > I think you want to drop the shl instruction.  You're loading what
    > should end up at the LSB end of the register into the MSB end of the
    > register, so shr is all you should need.

    Right you are.

    Jana - never mind that patch. It will avoid the page fault, but try to
    use the wrong (truncated) name due to the extraneous left-shift of the
    loaded value.

    So use the attached one instead. It just removes the extra shift that
    Peter noticed, and also allows the use of the word-at-a-time code with
    DEBUG_PAGEALLOC so that I can test it myself too.

    I left the instruction suffixes in place, although Peter is probably
    right that the assembler will do the right thing.

    Linus

      Last update: 2012-05-03 20:41    [W:3.689 / U:0.800 seconds]