    SubjectRe: Making ARM multiplatform kernels DT-only?
    On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
    <> wrote:
    > On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 01:50:35PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
    >> My feeling is that we should just mandate DT booting for multiplatform
    >> kernels, because it significantly reduces the combinatorial space
    >> at compile time, avoids a lot of legacy board files that we cannot
    >> test anyway, reduces the total kernel size and gives an incentive
    >> for people to move forward to DT with their existing boards.
    > On this point, I strongly object, especially as I'm one who uses the
    > existing non-DT multiplatform support extensively.  It's really not
    > a problem for what you're trying to achieve.

    Perhaps not so surprisingly, but I'm with Russell on this one.

    I'd like our work-in-progress DT support to coexist with all non-DT platforms.

    / magnus

      Last update: 2012-05-03 17:01    [W:0.024 / U:6.644 seconds]