SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 0/5] perf/annotate fixes and improvements
Em Thu, May 03, 2012 at 10:01:40AM +0200, Peter Zijlstra escreveu:
> On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 18:18 -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> > I.e. the fixed vertical line now has a diff color and the jump arrows are
> > _after_ the jump labels that then stands out as a separated columns.
>
> Note that if you have the source-code annotated thing enabled (which
> seems to be the default) the arrows go straight through the source.

I thought I had that fixed, damn, will fix.

> Also, in this case the asm is dark blue, which is nearly invisible on my
> black background.

What colour do you suggest? Also what kind of term color scheme do you
use? Finding the right default combo is kinda hard.

> > In addition, as you suggested, the extra arrows on the ends of a jump->label
> > arrow gets swallowed by the jump->label arrow.
>
> Does look nice, thanks!
>
> An alternative to all this arrow drawing could be to high-light the
> jump-target, maybe not a full bar like the cursor line but something
> like that.
>
> Also, is there a key to jump to the jump target? I was instinctively
> pressing '%' to do that, but that could be my vim brain-damage :-)

Enter or ->, just like on calls and rets, what is missing is using <- to

> > Now a question: when I add multiple event column overheads, do you think we
> > should have N fixed vertical lines separating them?
>
> I'd start with that and go from there.

Ok

> > I probably need to add an space before the instructions and the arrow
> > start/end, or not?
>
> Since its a dynamic arrow (in a nearly invisible colour) it doesn't
> really matter. But what happens when a function is large enough that
> function offset doesn't fit in 2 hex digits anymore? Aah I see, that
> width is dynamic, OK.

Yes, it is, it is calculated at function start and when switching
to/from "O"ffset view.

I need to add a help window with the ever growing list of hot keys.

Also will try to asap make the last features toggled persistent.

- Arnaldo

  Last update: 2012-05-03 15:41    [W:0.272 / U:0.216 seconds]