    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] user namespace enhancements for Linux 3.5-rc1
    Colin Walters <> writes:

    > On Tue, 2012-05-22 at 12:48 -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    >> My git tree covers all of the modifications needed to convert the core
    >> kernel and enough changes to make a system bootable to runlevel 1.
    > What system? I'm curious about the state of your userspace
    > modifications.

    Userspace won't need any modifications to work, but I am slowly working
    through the patches needed to get everything in the kernel converted.
    And my patches for the networking stack weren't quite ready for the
    merge window.

    Ultimately to be included in distro kernels and really be useful I need
    to make everything in the kernel that plays with uids and gids user
    namespace aware so that is my goal for the next merge window. We will
    see how that goes.

    As for patches to userspace, all I think I will need is a small change
    to useradd, and perhaps a helper function to validate the mapping into
    the initial user namespace's uids. Aka is user A allowed to use uids

    I have a branch in my user-namespace.git with all of the rest of my
    kernel changes if you want to play. Beyond that I expect most of the
    user space changes (useradd etc) to land in ubuntu fairly shortly
    after they are viable as I am working closely with a couple folks
    at ubunut.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-05-26 18:01    [W:0.032 / U:40.948 seconds]