    SubjectRe: [git pull] Input updates for 3.5-rc0
    On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
    <> wrote:
    > Hi Linus,
    > to receive updates for the input subsystem. You will get:

    I get an annoying conflict, and the reason I call it annoying is not
    because it's hard to resolve, it's because doing that shows that you
    seem to have preferred using

    dev_dbg(&input->dev.parent, ...)

    over the much more natural

    dev_dbg(&input->dev, ...)

    which would seem to make more sense.

    Why? Are the input layer device names so bad that using them for debug
    output is useless? And if so, why *are* they so bad?

    I'm going to take your version over Greg's more straightforward one,
    because I assume Greg did things a bit more mindlessly and I think you
    presumably had a *reason* for your extra (stupid) ".parent" part. But
    I'm unhappy with it, because I suspect the reason you did that implies
    that the input layer does something bad.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-05-24 20:03    [W:0.023 / U:2.712 seconds]