    SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the watchdog tree with the mfd tree
    At 01:32 AM 5/18/2012, Wim Van Sebroeck wrote:
    >Hi Stephen,
    >
    > > Today's linux-next merge of the watchdog tree got a conflict in
    > > drivers/watchdog/iTCO_wdt.c between commit 887c8ec7219f ("watchdog:
    > > Convert iTCO_wdt driver to mfd model") from the tree and commit
    > > c3614aa19d3e ("watchdog: iTCO_wdt.c: fix printk format warnings") from
    > > the watchdog tree.
    > >
    > > I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.
    >
    >Thanks for fixing this up.
    >
    >But I'm a bit surprised: I wasn't Cc'ed about this patch to Convert
    >the iTCO_wdt driver to the mfd model...
    Oh my. Kind of embarrassing to forget one of the maintainers in all
    the discussions which tree this patch set should go through. Even
    though I didn't much of the code, my sign-off is there, and I should
    have made sure that you are on the Cc: list. Sorry for that, and I
    owe you a beer or two if we ever meet in person.

    Hope you are ok with the changes - the patch set already missed the
    last commit window because of the which-tree-to-use issue, and it
    would be sad to miss another one. And Jean is really waiting for it
    to go in to be able to push some related patches which need the gpio driver.

    Thanks,
    Guenter

      Last update: 2012-05-19 03:41    [W:0.037 / U:31.148 seconds]