    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] new mailmap file for the linux kernel git repository
    On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 05:01:39PM +0200, Philipp Riemer wrote:

    > >> You forgot a signed-off-by: line which is required for a patch to be
    > >> accepted :(
    > >
    > > While Greg is at this, the changelogs also really don't really follow the
    > > kernel changelog standards (line wrapping, etc.).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jiri Kosina
    > > SUSE Labs
    >
    > Thank you both for your fast feedback. I really appreciate it.
    >
    > Since this is my first contribution to the Linux Kernel I am not
    > pretty sure what I have to do. Is there anywhere a guideline how I get
    > a "signed-off"? I sent the mail to the addresses I found via
    > `scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f .mailmap` since I expected those people
    > to be somehow interested in this file. What other steps can I take?

    Please read the file, Documentation/SubmittingPatches for what the line,
    "Signed-off-by:" means and what you are agreeing to there, as well as
    how to properly submit a patch for inclusion in the kernel.

    > I don't understand the point regarding the changelog standards -- what
    > do you mean with that? I changed the .mailmap file and oriented myself
    > on what was already there... How can I improve the file to fit to the
    > Linux standards? Some hints?

    Read the above file :)

    Hope this helps,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2012-05-16 18:01    [W:0.035 / U:0.608 seconds]